Monday, September 05, 2011

Labour Day Weekend

So on Friday I turned my computer off......and did not turn it back on until NOW !!! I have to say that I had the most wonderful weekend with my family and I am so glad that I did......

First we went to Victoria so Emma could ride in the last horse show of the Summer. She and her new pony, jack, rode very well. They placed in all (5) of the classes that they rode in.....1st, (2) 2nd's, and (2) 3rd's !!! Super proud......


Saturday started out with some crazy drama across from the shop. Jeanna and I were getting ready for the day and all of a sudden the Conservation Officer was parked at the top of the campsite across from us, then the police closed the highway and then we found out why !!! There was a COUGAR in the tree......They tried to scare him down and ended up sedating him to transport. Haven't heard where he ended up but we've got our fingers crossed for re-location.


We FINALLY went school supplies shopping !! The kids and I could NOT get in the mood any sooner to go and get supplies. We'd done the clothes throughout the summer but the supplies....well, we needed them ALL !!!

I am happy to report that we got it done in near record time and are good to go for another year......we even got Emma's very 1st LAPTOP and she could not be more excited !! We went home to a wonderful BBQ @ my parents and then I headed to The Landing @ Pacific Shores with a friend for drinks on the patio !!

Sunday after time in our yard / house we went to friends where I played Texas Hold 'em for the very first time....AND.....I split for the WIN !! Apparently, even not knowing what I was doing AT ALL, my poker face was enough for the win !! The only problem was I LOVED IT......seriously, I should not head to Vegas any time soon !!!

Today was a day of getting clothes and school supplies and backpacks ready to go and WE ARE READY !!! Tomorrow is the day that my boy goes to all day school...GRADE ONE here comes Alex !! Emma starts her Grade 6 C.E.A.P. home school program on Wednesday and then we are set....

Watch my blog for a new feature I'll be adding soon. Each week I will add a new layout for your inspiration along with INSTRUCTIONS on how you can re-create it for yourself with your supplies from home....or of course you can always head over to Scrapbookin' Adventures to pick up all the new hitting their shelves :):)

I hope that you all enjoyed your weekend and that this week is a good one for you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment