Monday, March 12, 2012

"Happy Spring"

This project was featured on the 
Bella Blog 
today !!

It is a family joke that the green thumb skipped a generation from my Mom to my daughter. So when I created this project, we laughed that these are just about the prettiest flowers I've ever 'grown' :))

I found this great set of wooden flower boxes at a local craft store. I traced the sides onto the backs of the paper and then sanded the edges of each before adhereing. I rolled some of the kids play-doh into balls and pressed it into the bottom of each pot so that the flowers would stand as I wanted them and added crinkle cut box filler on top !!


I've been wanting to do something fun with all the fabulous flowers in Bella's designs for quite some time and this was the perfect project !!  I went through ALL the Bella lines and used my fave's and then dressed them up with buttons, florettes made from more patterned papers, twine and stickers too.




Check back tomorrow for a peek at a new workshop I'm teaching HERE in April !!!

Talk soon.
j. xo


Supplies Used: 
Spring Flings and Easter Things: Cute Cuts, Borders, Miniatures, Alpha & Bits, Just Write Journaling Stickers, Mom's Bouquet; Sophisticates: Ciao Chip Simply Simona Saltwater, Quattrofina Peep & Saffron; Tail Waggers & Cat Naps: Just Write Journaling Stickers; Winter Wonder: Just Write Journaling Stickers; Too Cute Too Spook: Itsy Bitsy Spider; Socialite: Cute Cuts; Plastino: Label Additions, Forget Me Knots; Hello Beautiful: Cute Cuts, Alpha & Bits, Thanks a Bunch; All Inclusive: Bookin' at the Beach; Man of the House: Distinguished 

No comments:

Post a Comment