Monday, April 30, 2012

....a birthday card

hey there.....AGAIN, sorry for the LOOOOONG space in between posts !!  

I was all set to be home for a  few days and my husband called and asked the kids and I to meet him in Banff for a few days......of course we said YES......so I rearranged our schedule, called our dog trainer to take the puppies, packed the truck and set out for the 13 hour trip :))

I've got some great pics to share so make sure to come back tomorrow to check out a bit of what we did while on our mini vaca......

Until then tho.....in honour of my birthday (yep - it's today :))  
I've got a card to share with you.

I've been making sets of gift cards for a few girls upcoming special days and this is one of my faves......


I am LOVE LOVE LOVING the new 'Country Picnic' collection by Pebbles and have been using it for a few projects lately !! 


......Those of you that know me know that choosing to make cards is NOT my first choice, yet lately I have been making card after card....weird......

Anyway.....this one was super fun and EASY......

I cut a strip from (5) of my fave patterns and cut them at different lengths, snipped a 'v' from the bottom of each and adhered them to the top where the card folds.

Then I wrapped some American Crafts ribbon thru the inside of the card and tied a bow on the front.....I added these FABULOUS mini adhesive backed buttons to each 'flag' piece......Adhered a cardstock flower and the word sentiment using the Mini ABC Stickers (love these)......

EASY EASY to create this with scraps from your layouts too.....for ANY occasion....

I hope you have a fabulous day and check back tomorrow as I PROMISE I am not going anywhere for at least a few days and I have LOTS of projects to share :))

Talk soon.
j. xo

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love your card. Going to use it in a layout I have in mind. Buttons are my favorite embellishment.

    Hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete