Tuesday, May 08, 2012

over at the Bella Blog today.....

Great new altered projects over on the Bella Blog today !!

Here's mine.....


I was so excited to sit down and work with this magnetic board. I knew I wanted it in my office/studio space, but wasn't sure how I was going to pretty it up. As soon as I sat down with the Sunshine & Happiness collection, I decided to just 'scrapbook it'. 


I was hesitant to leave the outer edges uncovered, but decided that with all the fun bright colors of the collection, I would 'scrapbook it' on the kraft of the frame, just like cardstock.
  

I covered the silver magnetic center with a full sheet of 12 x 12 paper and created grass with a strip from the Borders patterned paper. I cut out several of the images from the Cute Cuts patterned paper to embellish with, and mixed them in with a Ciao Chip border and added Ciao Chip shapes throughout.  


Using several of the cardstock stickers layered with 3D foam, I adhered magnetic strips to the back to make them into mini magnets. I covered a clothespin with stickers and a Ciao Chip flower and added a magnetic strip on the back to hold a photo or note.


After tucking a couple of flags here and there I created a title for my board with the new High 5 Alphas and the 'Happiness' title from the coordinating Sunshine & Happiness Ciao Chip. I even added some decorative tape along the left and right edges of the board to jazz it up a bit. Once I had the base complete, I chose a few of my favorite photos of Emma and Alex and adhered them with the mini magnets and some decorative tape too!


Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment