Monday, June 25, 2012

pinwheel tutorial

There are many ways to create a pinwheel but this is the way I create mine …. hope this helps !!!


These are the tools I make sure I have ready before I begin. The wider the paper strip, the wider the florette will be…..Always use a 12" length....


If you would like a fun border on your pinwheel, I choose to punch it before I move forward.


I'm a sanding block girl, so I do this step next.....


Then I score….For a tighter pinwheel you will want to score every 1/4"….for a larger (higher) pinwheel you can score every 3/4" or even 1" if you desire even more dimension


Next, accordian fold the full piece.....


When you get to the end, snip off ONE fold as shown.


Use a quick dry adhesive to adhere the ends together....


This will create an accordion circle like above.


I use a punched circle with a larger glue dot to adhere my pinwheel to.


Pinch into the center….


…..and push flat.  I will add a drop of quick dry glue to the center and hold for a minute or two until it holds.


Embellish using stickers, chip shapes, buttons or flags and add to a card, layout or alter project too .....

Come on back here tomorrow to check out a fun altered project I created for Bella Blvd.

Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment