Thursday, January 31, 2013

Beach Party Set

Some of my CHA projects were shared on the Bella Blvd. blog this past weekend but I wanted to do a little share on my blog one at a time .....

I'm going to start with this fun beach party set and table decor.....


Summer BBQ's are huge for us as we live in a beach side community. Whether it's a backyard beach themed get together or a picnic on the beach, Sand & Surf is the perfect collection for party EVERYTHING. Invitations, favors, menus, table décor, pretty straw embellishments and my personal fave, wine charms.


I started with this great wicker table caddy that had a coordinating napkin holder and I knew I could jazz them up .... To start, I added knots to my twine every couple of inches and then added a wooden button as I wove it throughout the base of the caddy. Once I had it all the way around I tucked mini glue dots behind each button to make it stay exactly where I wanted it.


I am so happy with how the straws came together. I cut strips of patterned paper approx. 1 1/4" wide by 3", sanded the edges and used the largest circle on my Crop A Dile to punch holes in the top and bottom to slide them over the straw. I used stickers, Cute Cuts and Designer Tape to create fun embellishments on the paper slides. Stick them in the kids drinks and they know who's is who's.



Everyone always needs wine charms (right, girls?) and this collection has the PERFECT bits for a really cute set. These were super easy to make. I chose the pieces I wanted from the Cute Cuts and stickers and ran them through my laminating machine. Once they cooled, I precision cut around them, punched a tiny hole in the edge and added narrow binder rings to each – so easy and so cute.





The coordinating napkin holder was cute but it had some funny bits of wicker tied to the center of it so I laminated a large flower sticker, punched 2 tiny holes in the center, wrapped twine around the bar and then up and thru the center of the flower and tied it off with a wooden button. Just had to add one more button and a fun phrase and it matched perfectly with the table caddy.

Last but not least, this party needed a menu. The fun bright colors of this collection work for any summer décor so I used the aptly named 'Paradise' paper for my base and then continued to scrapbook the rest, adding the menu and games list where the photos would have been. As I've said before, I am a big Designer Tape lover, so I had to use more of the new colors on this mini project as well. I ribbon folded it back and forth and then pressed it down flat along the edges of the green base, menu and game list. All that was left was the title using my favorite High Five Alphabets and this party set is complete.



I've got some more cards to share tomorrow so come on back :))

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment