Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Inspiration Day 2

I'm back today with (2) more projects that I created for Bella Blvd. using their super cute 'Spring Flings and Easter Things' collection ....


My kids love decorating eggs and they get excited to put them out for the Easter bunny each year but the 'cups' that come with the coloring kits just aren't cute enough for me. So I like to make my own. This year I got out all my bits from Spring Flings and Easter Things and started cutting.


I created the bases from border strips and pieces of patterned paper. I used a few border punches on some and sanded all the edges. I secured them using Scor Tape as they will take some weight once the eggs are sitting on them.


 I used Cute Cuts, stickers and shapes that I precision cut from the papers to embellish and I even got a pink feather in there too. I can't wait to set these out for the eggs.


These carrots were a fun little afterthought as I was creating my Easter projects this year. I cut different lengths of the orange polka dot paper (popsicle kisses) and then rolled them into cone shapes.


 I adhered the ends using a super strong quick dry glue and then got out my designer tape. I cut the green patterned paper (petal power) into wide strips and then cut long strips almost to the edge to create the tops for my carrots. I adhere these pieces inside the top of each carrot 'cone' and curled the ends over my stylus.


I wanted to add a bit of dimension to the 'carrot' so I adhered the orange designer tape from the Polka Dot Combo pack to a piece of cardstock and then punched mini circles out and adhered them lightly onto the outside so they appear to be bumps on the carrots.I filled them each with candy and they were ready to add to our Easter Décor!


Come on back tomorrow as I've got a great Easter card featuring the David Tutera Celebrate card system and some great Core'dinations cardstock too !!!

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment