Saturday, April 13, 2013

....and 2 more

I wanted to share my last (2) projects that were featured on the Bella Blvd. Blog this week for the DT team up with Petaloo !!

I have had several sizes of these fun cross stitch hoops hanging in my office for a while now and this was the perfect time to break one out and pretty it up! I love the quote from a sticker in the 'Sand and Surf' collection and decided to make that the starting point of this wall hanging.


First I chose the patterned paper and cut it to fit the inside wooden circle. I adhered it to the wood and once it was dry I fit the top circle on to pull it tight and create my base. I used (3) different alpha sets for the title and punched a few scallop circles to mix in with all the Petaloo flowers and gems.


 I love these paper flowers. Some are flat, some are embossed and the colors were so perfect to coordinate with the great Bella colors. I did LOTS of layering of flowers from different sets and the gems and mini flowers completed them beautifully. Such a great addition to my office/studio wall.


It's funny that I am really not a very pink girl (I can almost hear Stephanie 'pink loving' Hunt gasping), and yet this layout is completely and totally pink everywhere you look. These photos are from a baby shower that I attended almost a year ago where I was so taken with this amazing candy bar. It was set up so beautifully in the dining room on a wall with a great floral painting as the backdrop. 


Mixing some Petaloo paper flowers, brads and ribbon into this layout coordinated with the color in the photos perfectly. I love the long 'notebook' style journal stickers that are included in each collection but the floral print on this one didn't match so I used this as a great place to adhere a few Petaloo flowers and added stickers from the miniatures raised in the center of each. I used more of the Petaloo ribbon to separate the photos and love how it pulled it all together. I added a few smaller flowers with the Petaloo pearl brads in the center onto the chip title, some designer tape along the top and bottom and chip borders too.
  

.....I've got another great layout with instructions for your weekend inspiration so come on back !!

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment