Saturday, May 04, 2013

National Scrapbook Day

Happy National Scrapbook Day !!!  

How great is it to have a special day completely dedicated just to us crazy creative scrappy girls .....

I am writing this to you from my hotel room in Burnaby at Crop & Create ...... we're having such a fantastic time !!!

All of us Bella Blvd. girls were asked to create a layout ALL ABOUT US .... I loved this challenge and am so excited about what I came up with.


I decided to REALLY journal on this layout as I wanted to document where I am right now.  once I started writing, it just went on and on ..... but I am so happy with how it all came together.  


I wanted the words to be the focus but i love these photos of me .... it is not very often that I like pics of me but these ones we some that Scott took of me and I really like them because I can remember how he made me laugh while he was taking them ......

I added some fun embellishments in colors that represent me and my journaling.   The blue is my absolute fave so I added this great feather and all the little bits to pull it all together ......


(if you open this in another tab you can blow it up to read it :))

Once I was done,  my kids asked if they could read it and they loved it.  I think it is stories like this that they are going to want to read years down the road and that makes me happy to know that they will have a story from each year about their mom ....  remembering to step out from behind the camera once in a while is important !!!

Make sure to head over to the Bella Blog and check out all the other great layouts from the team ...... Then go over to Core'dinations and see all they've got going on ....... and don't forget to check out the Scrapbook & Cards Today Blog ALL DAY LONG ..... They've got some pretty fun things happening over there so make sure to have a good look and then go get scrapping :))

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment