Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Blog Hop .... and today is my turn !!!

There's a blog hop going on this week and today is my day to play along !!

Core'dinations has teamed up with this fantastic manufacturer from Australia and both design teams have been working hard to offer you some amazing inspiration .... Make sure you head over to both the Core'dinations Blog and the Couture Creations Blog and see what everyone's been up too !!


I was so happy to get to sit down and play with this fantastic Doily Die by Couture Creations !!  I started by taking a piece of White Wash (Grandpa's Trunk) and laying it over top of a piece of Spotted Jillian Dot cardstock.  I lightly sanded over the whole surface to get the same spotted look onto the White Wash.


I chose a piece of black and grey from the Naturals collection and a piece of 'lemonade' from the Vintage 6 x 6" pad.  I ran each of these through my Big Shot using the 'Irish Dreams' die from the Fantasia Collection by Couture Creations.  The impression of these dies onto the Core'dinations cardstock is really impressive !!  The die pattern is so intricate but you get to see every little detail …… I was also lucky enough to get to use the new Couture Creations double sided tape.  This is a fabulously strong adhesive and it adhered my embossed cardstock pieces like a dream – great adhesive !!!


I sanded off the top layer to show the lighter color core and then precision cut around each of my pieces to create perfect sized photo mats for these sweet pictures of my now 12 year old girl on her very first Easter !!


I added some  ribbon and twine to create a great space for some embellishments along the bottom.  I added a few punched butterflies from the 4.25 x 5.5" Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress paper pad (LOVE this pad) …. I finished it off with some jewels from the David Tutera Celebrate collection and a spot of journaling typed onto a small piece of White Wash 'Grandma's Rocker' …… LOVE how this all came together !!

Come on back tomorrow for a fun altered project share ....

TFL .....Talk soon.
j. xo

3 comments:

  1. Awesome layout - love the adorable baby pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of yours! This is yet another fantastic piece! I really like how you used the ribbon and twine and lined the three pics across the top with the awesome embossing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout! Just love the super cute photos and fantastic design!

    ReplyDelete