Monday, July 01, 2013

Happy Canada Day !!

Today we're havin' a party ..... and I've got some fun celebration projects up over on the Bella Blog today !!!


Canada Day is a HUGE day at our house, as Em and Alex really like to get into the celebrations. This year we are having family and friends come over to watch the fireworks over the ocean from our front yard so I've been getting a few things ready for the party! Photo props are so popular right now so I wanted to customize some for my guests on Canada Day! I chose a couple of templates for my Silhouette and got to work.


I cut the 'glasses' from a piece of McIntosh Sophisticates and then backed it onto a piece of white cardstock to give it some more strength. Then I adhered this to a long white candy stick and embellished each one.


I LOVE the Bella feathers and they were perfect for the glasses. I cut some maple leaves using a Silhouette template as well and added these as well as a fun flag and some buttons too. My kids LOVED these and are excited to share them with their friends for silly photos at our party.


I also whipped up some different sized pin wheels for them to use in their pics as well. I added the maple leaf die cuts to the center with a Bella button for each.


Since we'll be outside on the deck late for the fireworks I thought I'd create some festive candle holders. I used the negative pieces from the leaf cuts and cut them to size for some glass flower vases that I had tucked away. 


I created the smaller one by adding designer tape to the patterned paper and then ran it through the Silhouette.  


It cut like a dream and made a cute border for this vase and I was able to use the leaf pieces on the glasses too.


I added some tea lights to them both and can't wait to put them on the deck for the fireworks. It's going to be a great party …. Happy Canada Day everyone!

TFL .... Talk soon.
j. xo

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable projects! I love the glasses!
    You did a fantastic job with Bella goodies :)

    ReplyDelete