Thursday, July 25, 2013

me & my mom

Well, the time has ALMOST come to pack up my office/studio for 5 weeks !!!  I am almost hyperventilating just thinking about it to be honest ..... I have a few more projects to finish and then into the boxes it goes.  

I am feeling so strange about it as i've never been away from my paper for that long - I think I may go through a bit of withdrawal ..... and I'm not going to lie, I do have a bag packed for the camper - just in case ;))

I have a sweet layout to share today from my wedding 15 years ago !!!!  I was looking for some pics recently and came across a handful from our wedding and these of me & my Mom jumped out .... I dug into my Core'dinations 'section' in 'my room' and got to 'work' .....


I started with a Snowflake Spotted Tillie Dot base and then created a large triple layered mat for the photos as I wanted the photos to be touching in the center.  I chose 3 different pieces of cardstock to create a layered photo mat ….. I rounded the corners of all 3 pieces as well as the outer corners of the photos.  I adhered them all on top of each other flat and put it towards the top of the base.



I wanted to add some floral embellishments so I chose a few more pieces of cardstock and punched out several flowers and ran a couple through my Big Shot with my embossing folders.  I lightly sanded all of the flowers and started layering them together with little punched cirlces for the centers !!  I even added a piece of lightweight canvas to the mix……I punched a narrow border to build my title on towards the bottom to finish it off !!  



I didn't add journaling to the layout yet as I want to get them all into my album and then go back and decide what I want on each page – at least I'll always remember the date !!!

We're heading out to 4 weeks of horse shows and then a week of moving - i've already told my family that after the kitchen basics are unpacked it's all hands on deck to get my HUGE new studio unpacked - I seriously can not wait to get into this space.  I've waiting a long long time to get a space like this and am excited to design it all ..... don't worry, I'll be sharing LOTS of pics of the process !!!

I'll be posting / sharing from the road ..... INCLUDING a brand new BLOG design !! I'm am excited to share it with you sooooon !!

TFL ..... Talk soon.
j. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment