Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A bit of Bella ..... Day 1

While I was away in August I had some projects featured up on the Bella Blvd. Blog and I wanted to share them here with you in case you missed them :))


 I've had these cute little Maya Road 'bottle caps' sitting on my desk for ages and finally got the chance to work with them! I love all the sweet images that Stephanie creates for each collection and wanted to find a unique way to enjoy them every day. My fridge is always covered top to bottom with lists and photos and my kids' artwork so I created some fun magnets to hold up the bits that are on display.


 I adhered the magnets onto the back of the bottle caps first. They were self-adhesive and I put a few on each cap to make sure they'd hold several pieces of paper at a time.



Each one is very different but represents all the things we have on the fridge at any one time. I used stickers in the center of one, chip shapes in a couple of others and punched circles of patterned paper in a few as well.


For the last 3 magnets I precision cut the heart, sunshine and puppy from the Cute Cuts and ran them through my laminator. Once they cooled, I cut them out again and added magnets to the back. Super cute and completely strong enough to hold the kids' next painting to the fridge!


For the 'tree' magnet I adhered designer tape to a piece of cardstock and punched out little circles and adhered them to the 'petals' of the flower shaped bottle cap. Buttons, flags and miniatures stickers were perfect for a few of them as well.


Come on back soon for another fun 'girly' project in 'A bit of Bella - Day 2' .....

TFL ..... Talk soon.

1 comment:

  1. These are all adorable and such a clever idea to make them into magnets!

    ReplyDelete