Saturday, February 15, 2014

A little horsey love .....

Though I still used lots of hearts, I took a break from the pink and red and created a different kind of love layout using nothing but fab pieces of Core'dinations Color Core Cardstock !!!


I have endless pics of Em and her horses but her and Ginger are my fave to work with right now.  It's not a secret that I am completely obsessed with this gorgeous mare !!

I started with a pre-embossed creme base and lightly sanded off the top.  I used several embossing folders on the other pieces.  I used a tiny polka dot folder for the blue and clocks for the brown (love this one :)) ......



I punched 2 different sizes of hearts from (5) different colors of Core and then embossed and sanded each one.  When I layered them onto my layout I adhered the bottom flat and then tucked a piece of 3D foam under the top to raise pit up a little for more dimension.

I ran a piece of Kraft Core cardstock through my Silhouette to cut the title 'enjoy every moment' .... I say things like this all the time at home - live every day ect ... so this title was great for this layout of these everyday pics of my 2 fave girls :))


 I used my typewriter on a piece of creme cardstock for my journaling and then cut it up into a few pieces and rounded the inside edges .... adhered flat and this one is ready for Em's album !!!

Supplies:

  • Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection: tumbled glass, black soot, peeled paint, shabby shutters, scattered straw, faded jeans, broken china
  • Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Noastalgic Collection: No.13
  • Core Essentials: french roast, vanilla creme
  • Sand It Gadget
  • Dust Buddy
  • Misc: embossing folders, heart punches, adhesive

TFL ..... Talk soon.


1 comment: