Tuesday, February 11, 2014

i heart you ....

With Valentine's Day almost here I have been using LOTS of red and pink and white and kraft Core'dinations cardstock !!!

I started with an A7 (5 x 7") kraft cardstock card base and added a piece of Bronzed Glitter Silk cardstock and adhered it towards the right edge. 


I love love love my embossing folders and have been waiting to use these heart themed ones for Valentine's Day !!  I used a piece of Barn Door from the Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection and ran it through my embossing machine and lightly sanded of the top to really have the pattern stand out ...... 

For the large heart I used a piece of Antique Vanity from the Whitewash Collection and put it through my eBosser.  I sanded off the top to show the pink color and then used my precision scissors to cut around the detailed edge of the heart.  I raised it using 3D foam off to the right edge of the base and added a smaller red heart on top as well !!


I wanted to add a bit of ribbon to this card and chose this shear white American Crafts which worked perfectly with the whitewash cardstock ..... some alpha stickers to create a sentiment and this card is ready to give on the big day :))


Supplies:
  • A7 Kraft cardstock card base from the David Tutera Celebrate collection
  • Glitter Silk Cardstock - bronzed
  • Whitewash Cardstock - Antique Vanity
  • Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection - Barn Door
  • Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
  • American Crafts ribbon, misc. alphas

2 comments: