Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I'm Guesting with Imaginisce

I was so excited to have been asked to be the March Guest Designer for Imaginisce and today I am up their blog with some fun St. Patrick's Day projects featuring their new collection 'Welcome Spring' ....


St. Patricks Day Layout
I was so excited when I got the 'Welcome Spring' collection in the mail to work with this month .... it is seriously cute !!  For this layout, I started with a base of white AC cardstock and started cutting up the patterns.  The bold green stripe (back side of Dainty Floral) is perfect for these fun pics of my kids on St. Patty's day a couple of years ago.  i LOVE the arrows of  the Flying Colors paper and being that I have a pic of my boy AND girl it is fun to have some girly colors on this layout too !!  


I had some fun with my Silhouette and the remaining piece of green stripes ... I cut (6) clovers out and then raised them with This to That Dimensional Dots (i call them 3D foam ;)) .... I made sure to adhere them in line with the strips so they were all matchy matchy !!

I used a couple of journal cards to create a bit of a base for my embellishments too.  I punched a few hearts and created a little clover flower and added a die cut birdie and part of a sticker stacker.  I love these raised stickers but I didn't want the bunny on this circle so i gently peeled it off.  It worked great tucked in behind the mini flag I created using a corsage pin and a 'flag' from the Spring Journaling paper !!


I added some buttons with twine, green gems from the Spring Bling embellishment pack and finished it off with a title using these fun American Crafts Thickers !!!

Supplies:
  • Imaginisce; Welcome Spring patterned papers (Dainty Floral, Flying Colors, Pinwheels and Banners, Spring Journaling) Welcome Spring embellishments (Die Cuts Tags Pad, Die Cuts Sunshine, Bling Sheet, Plastic Buttons, Sticker Stacker)
  • American Crafts: white cardstock, This to That Dimensional Dots, Thickers (Elf)


Best of Luck Card
I thought i'd create a fun 'good luck' card with a bit of a St. Patty's Day theme :) ..... I started with an AC white cardstock base and ran it through my eBosser using the same pinwheel folder as the patterned paper (love this one) ..... I added a couple of narrow yellow and white striped strips as well as part of a journal card from the Tags Pad. 



 I will often cut pieces off of journal cards that I don't need or that don't work with my project and use them alternately, like here I didn't want the portion of the card that had the flower pots on it :) ...... I got out a piece of my American Crafts Corrugated Glitter cardstock (love) and punched a few hearts to create a clover.  I snipped a 'branch' off of one of 'Sunshine' die cuts for the stem (worked perfectly) and then raised it with 3D foam adding a button with twine to the center !!  I used AC Thickers for my title and this one is ready to put in the envelope :)


Supplies:
  • Imaginisce; Welcome Spring patterned papers (Pinwheels and Banners, Flying Colors)
  • Imaginisce; Welcome Spring embellishments (Die Cuts Tags Pad, Plastic Buttons, Sunshine Die Cuts)
  • American Crafts; white cardstock, Corrugated Glitter Cardstock (Emerald), This to That Dimensional Dots, Thickers (Sunrise) 

TFL ..... Talk soon.


1 comment: